While Staying Apart, We All Have a Big Part to Play.
At PrimeSouth, we are here for our customers and our community during this unprecedented time. We value our small businesses and the part they play in our everyday lives. We know the owners. They are our neighbors. They are our friends.
Please join PrimeSouth in helping local businesses affected by the Coronavirus. There are small ways we can all make a big difference, from shopping local online and purchasing gift cards to drive-through and take-out meals from the businesses that have become part of our day to day lives. Working together, we can help our neighbors stay open for business and our community stay secure. Help PrimeSouth ensure the future of local stores, restaurants and businesses, so we can keep our communities great places to live.
COVID-19 Branch Update
Due to concerns and risk of the Coronavirus COVID-19, we are only offering drive-thru services. Mobile, Online Banking and ATMs will continue to be available. Additionally, we are providing access to safe deposit boxes by appointment only.
The safety of our employees and customers are of the utmost importance. As we closely monitor the situation and adhere to recommendations from the CDC, any updates will be issued on our website and Facebook.
Please explore our website to learn about the convenient tools we offer to continue banking during unforeseen circumstances.
Thank you in advance for your patience as we navigate through these uncertain times. For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at cdc.gov.
Small Business Resources
PrimeSouth Bank remains committed to ensuring you have access to the resources you need to get through these unprecedented times. We are excited to announce the CARE Act Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is now officially accepting applications for eligible businesses!
We have worked tirelessly to find the most efficient way for your business to apply for the PPP loan. PrimeSouth Bank has engaged in an arrangement with an unaffiliated independent 3rd party, Kabbage, to assist you with applying, processing and (subject to proper approval) subsequent funding of your PPP loan proceeds.
Please follow the below designated link to a unique secure portal to complete and submit your electronic application and provide the necessary supporting documentation. The program is accepting applications through June 30, 2020.
Apply online in just a few steps:
- Submit information about you, additional owners and your business, including payroll filings and certifications necessary for eligibility
- Review the amount for which your business is eligible
- Verify your business information and identity
*You are now leaving PrimeSouth Bank’s website and entering an independent third party website portal which is not affiliated with PrimeSouth Bank nor any of its affiliates.
Additionally, please see below for information available to assist in alleviating the disruptions evolving from COVID-19.
The Small Business Association’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, and most private non-profit organizations that have had substantial economic injury related to this pandemic.
Click here for all details: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
Facebook is launching a Small Business Grants Program. This social platform is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time. Click here to sign up for updates as more details become available: https://www.facebook.com/business/grants
Support Your Local Businesses
We want to encourage the support of our local businesses. Please visit the links below for updates on services like delivery, curb-side pickup, adjusted hours, and other evolving communications.
Let’s Work Together to Help Keep Your Account(s) Safe
With the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 Coronavirus impact, we have heard of fraud and scam activity in our area. One scam in particular involves fraudsters using the name of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to con their victims. The perpetrator claims to be a specific FDIC employee and asks for account numbers, Social Security numbers, dates of birth and other details that can be used to commit fraud or sell a person’s identity. They may email, call, text, fax or contact you via social media. The FDIC urges people not to be fooled.
Other confirmed incidents include:
- Emails regarding mail service and pharmacy orders. In this situation, the email urges you to click on a link. If this happens, call the business directly before you click.
- "Fake bank alerts" sent to customers claiming that their account is suspended due to COVID-related shutdowns or alerting customers of service changes. These “alerts” include a website link, set up by the scammer, that asks customers to enter their bank credentials.
- The “grandparent scam.” Targets will get a call or email from someone claiming to be a friend or relative stating that they’re stuck in a foreign country and need funds wired immediately to their bank account.
- "Fake charity donations." Not only can these scams take money, but also checking account, credit card, and other financial information for later misuse.
- Requests sent through social media and cash payment systems such as Cash App, Google Pay, Venmo, and Zelle®.
Here’s what you do to keep from being a victim:
- Sign up for Balance Alerts. This will tell you if there’s a significant change in your account balance.
- Sign into Online Banking, select Customer Service, then Alerts to schedule to fit your needs.
- Click here to enroll in Online Banking.
- Do NOT send payments via Cash App, Google Pay, Venmo, and Zelle® to people you do not know. These services are for you to pay friends and family only.
- What is Zelle®? Click here to learn more.
- Verify any requests for money via social media (Facebook, Facebook Messenger, etc.) Pick up the phone and call the person requesting the money or asking you to click on a link. Use a number that you are certain belongs to that person. If you cannot verify the sender information, delete or ignore the request.
- If you are approached via email or social media with a way to make money electronically, beware. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
- While it is always a safe practice to question any emails with incorrect grammar, spelling, or capitalization, please note that fraudsters are more savvy at this time. We encourage everyone to take extra time to verify an email's legitimacy via proper channels.
- Use a Different UserName and Password for Your Bank Account
- In case one of your other online accounts is breached, you wouldn’t want it to have the same username and password as your bank account. Review your PrimeSouth username and password to make sure they’re unique.
- Make Sure Your Contact Information Is Up To Date:
- Having your up-to-date info, like your mobile phone number and a valid email address, ensures we can contact you quickly if we notice suspicious activity. This is a powerful way to fight fraud. Just sign into your online account to verify your current information.
One of the most important things you can do to protect yourself from becoming a victim of fraud is to never give out your personal information to anyone if you are unsure. If we contact you, we'll always use your name or account number - we wouldn't ask for your account information, Social Security number, debit card PIN or password. If you mistakenly give out your personal information, please notify the bank immediately so that we can do our best to help keep you and your money safe. Click here to contact us.
Digital Banking Tips
We understand that access to your account(s) is important and we will continue to provide high-quality customer service. As an alternative to visiting a branch, our ATMs, online banking, and mobile services are conveniently available. If you have not yet enrolled, the process only takes a few minutes. Click to begin.
You will have access to:
Personal Online Banking
- See transactions and balances, access e-Statements, and other important information
- Transfer Funds
- Online Secure Bill Payment
Personal Mobile Banking
- All the same functions as Online Banking with the benefit of Mobile Deposit
- Send and receive money from virtually anyone you know and trust with Zelle
Commercial Online Banking
- Detailed account activity and history
- Export transaction data to financial software
- Save time and money with Online Bill Payment
- Treasury Management Solutions including e-Wire, Remote Deposit Capture, and ACH Origination
Commercial Mobile Banking
- View balances and transactions, transfer funds, pay bills, and deposit checks
- Download Our App
BauerFinancial Five-Star Rating
We have the financial strength to ease your mind during this unprecedented time. Earning the highest five-star rating from BauerFinancial shows we’re one of the strongest banks in the country. But it’s our reputation that keeps us growing. We built it over 130 years, as we became the people our neighbors could bank on during history’s downturns and boomtimes. We have earned your trust. We’re here for you now.
During social distancing, we have each other’s back. Our dedicated staff will go above and beyond to meet your needs. You can still see a friendly face at our drive-throughs, talk with your banker by phone, or bank with our cutting-edge digital and online tools. You can be certain of getting great customer service because in times like these, great local banking makes a solid difference.